Blogfest 2010 is happening on Saturday, December 11 at the Grand Ballroom of the East Asia Royale Hotel in Gen San City. If you’re a blogger and you have yet to hear anything about this event, chances are, you’re the kind of audience that this Blogfest needs to be there. Yes, right there in the first row seated together with no less than, (seriously) Bariles.
Take the cue from the host, Mindanao’s funniest blogging community The Soccsarskgen (Sox) Bloggers and its core group of “blog till you drop” netizens. The only other event I knew that this group never hosted was a sleepfest! Even then, their mark for having successful, party popping and sponsor flooded activities is second only to guess who? Itself. Right dude. Itself. And their list of successfully hosted event is exponentially growing!
Still not enticed? I’ll throw in the list of speakers (from Gensan News Online Mag of Avel Manansala):
Google Philippines’ Aileen Apolo-de Jesus, Presidential Communications Operations Office Manager Jay Jaboneta, UP Diliman Department of Journalism Professor Danilo Arao, Davao Bloggers President Ria Abella Jose, Soccsksargen Tourism Advocate Michelle Lopez-Solon, Digital Filipino’s Janette Toral, Zamboanga Multi-media Guru Ryann Elumba, Web Presence Strategist Fil-Am Dale Palileo, and. Internet Security Expert Bobby Soriano all willing and eager to increase your passion for the much vaunted New Media!
Giving the Keynote Speeches to inspire and challenge them are GenSan Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio and Representative Pedro B. Acharon, Jr. of the 1st District of South Cotabato.
See? This is not a convention of boring paper scribblers. Nor it is the conundrum of hodgepodge ragamuffin bloggers filling out voids of chuvaness. Take a look at the list speakers again! Okay? Blame me but if rubbing elbows with these media and blogging icons sure diffuses even a bit of their savvy, well, I’m about to thicken my face and shave off most of snobbish skin. Me snubbing such event with lotsa learning venues for blogging and a full echelon of media speakers. Hell no!!!
Well, maybe you want to see the program? Go on, head to this site and download it. Convinced now??
Okay, honestly, this event’s sponsors are overwhelmingly overwhelming. So I’m going to just lift this list from Bariles’s blog for your pleasure. Pleasure because, obviously with such flooding of sponsors comes the flooding of freebies, right! Geez, I’m a liar if I’m not rooting for those also!
- Platinum Partner and Venue Sponsor East Asia Royale Hotel
- Platinum Partner Sagittarius Mining Inc.
- Gold Partner and Wifi Provider SMART Communications and SMART Bro
- Gold Partner and Official Blogfest Tshirt Provider Gaisano Mall of GenSan
- Office of Representative Pedro B. Acharon, Jr. of the 1st District of South Cotabato
- Office of Representative Emmanuel Pacquiao, of the lone District of Sarangani
- Gold Sponsor and Speakers’ Official Residence Dolores Hotels and Resorts
- Silver Partner and Photo Safari Sponsor Robinsons Place GenSan
- Silver Partner and Official Tech Provider STI College GenSan
- Silver Partner and Official Browser OPERA for Desktops
- Silver Partner and Official Videographer Royale Iris Studio Productions
- Silver Partner and Sashimi Night Venue Sponsor Alta Veranda Hall
- Bronze Partners, namely the Local Government Unit of General Santos City, Go Sarangani Travel and Tours, Ingress Sponsor Music City Family KTV, Zion Travel and Tours -Gaisano, OMF Lit Bookshop-GenSan, P.R. firm Geisler Maclang Communications Inc., Montage Digital Photography Inc – Gaisano (Official Photographer), PCWorx -KCC, Kristan Bookstore, South Cotabato Tambayan, Miss Mocca Cafe, Hi-Tech Pinoy Internet Cafe and GenSan City Councilor Margareth Rose N. Santos.
- Special Patrons Ryan’s Lechon House, Jam’s Garden, Red Trellis Seafood Garden, Gio’s Mongolian, Arnevel’s Le Jardin and Caterers.
- GenSan News Online Mag, Ganda Ever So Much, Alexis C. Chua, Xyrilloid Landicho, Gilbert Tan, Arnel and Rosilie Lim, and of course…
- Mindanao New Media.
So hurry up now and please register now. This online registration for the Blogfest Sox 2010 started less than two weeks ago and slots have been filled up already fast. The deadline of payment is on Friday, December 10 at 5pm. So if I were you, go to this site and register. Why? Because “Walk-in registrants could be on waitlist to check if there are no-shows, one hour into the programme on Saturday, December 11” according to Bariles!
Lastly, there’s a photo safari after! Whoa! So for photobloggers out there missing the shootfest of lenses, here’s your timing! So tara na! I blog at come na!!!